Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home!

Finally back home!  We went out of town for almost a week for a family member's funeral and although I enjoyed seeing the family, I'm glad I'm home.  Glad I'm back to my own kitchen!  We ate out almost every meal for 4 days.  That's 12 restaurant trips! Ughh..  And probably 12,000 calories.  It is really difficult to eat healthy while eating out, and even harder when others are eating unhealthy too.  I did make a few healthy decisions like baked and grilled chicken over fried chicken, and I passed the bacon and opted for BBQ beef. 

One restaurant that I haven't been to in a while what Jucy's Burger in Longview Texas.  It was tasty!  I didn't eat a burger because I don't like ground meat, but my husband and mother-in-law enjoyed theirs while the kids and I chomped on chicken.  The fries were from scratch, and although a little greasy, they had a good flavor. 

Another restaurant we had food from was Bodacious BBQ, also in Longview.  We've been there a few times over the years that I've known my husband and I'm not disapointed.  It's no Rudy's BBQ here in Austin, but it is mighty tasty.  I ate BBQ brisket 3 days in a row its that good!

The funeral service was beautiful, and I know it will take all of us a while to come to terms with what has happened, but I feel getting the family together was beficial for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment