Friday, May 25, 2012

Mmm salads!

First of all, I LOVE salads. Sometimes they are a bit healthier than others, but usually the more salads I eat the more weight I loose. Sounds like a game plan!
This is my salad tonight.



It is full of vegetables. I steamed a bag of mixed vegetables and added them on top of my organic spinach. Why spinach you ask? Well, it is my own preference because spinach is highly treated with pesticides and I'll like to keep those yucky chemicals out of my dinner. I also like using spinach instead of lettuce because spinach has folate which is beneficial against birth defects.

Here is a link to the dirty dozen. When possible (when our budget allows for it) I purchase these food as organic.

Back to the salad-there is also a red bell pepper (also organic), jicama, and some cucumber.

To include some protein in the mix I threw on a boiled egg and some bacon. I don't like bacon normally, but I enjoy it on my salads. One good nutritional tidbit about bacon is that it contains choline which is important for pregnant ladies.

Here lately I've been digging blue cheese dressing, and I found a reduced fat version from Wishbone. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment